Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Latest

Charlie Bone and the Time Twister by Jenny Nimmo
Genre: Children's Literature, Fantasy Rating: (out of 10): 7.5
This one was about like the last- entertaining but nothing super special. I did like the general plot idea of the time twister but thought more could have been done to show the relationship between Henry and Ezekiel.

Responsive Teaching: An Ecological Approach to Classroom Patterns of Language, Culture, and Thought by C.A. Bowers and David J. Flinders
Genre: Teaching Rating: (out of 10): 3
There was very little in this book that I didn't know already from previous courses... at least if there was, it was not understandable! I think if I had read this for class instead of on my own it would have been more worthwhile as main points would have been pointed out to me. This was good go-to-bed reading- not a page turner.

No comments: