Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Missed

I was short by two for the year. But I have a good start to this one!

Hate that Cat
by Sharon Creech

Genre: Children's lit, poetry Rating: (out of 10): 9
I loved using Hate that Dog to teach my kids poetry. Now there is a sequel! This one contains onomotopoeia, alliteration, etc. I'm plotting how to get my hands on 30 copies already...

Schuyler's Monster by Rob Rummel-Hudson
Genre: Memoir, parenting Rating: (out of 10): 8
The reviews of this book were right on the mark. I'd read enough of his blog to know what to expect in this book, and that took away from it a little bit.

Charlie Bone and the Beast by Jenny Nimmo
Genre: Fantasy, Children's Literature Rating: (out of 10): 7
I liked #5 better, but this one continued the series... It didn't move much more toward the climax... How many books are there?

Charlie Bone and the Shadow by Jenny Nimmo
Genre: Fantasy, Children's Literature Rating: (out of 10): 7
This one left us in suspense again... What's going to happen to Billy?

No comments: