Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Journey into Politics

The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
Genre: Nonfiction, Politics (out of 10): 7
I have been impressed with what I have heard about Barack Obama, and wanted to find out more about him and his views. Obama's writing is a quick read, and many of his opinions seemed like common sense to me. I don't think he took too biased a stance, but I haven't read many political books to compare it to. He was just straightforward, and he clearly stated it when he felt he was biased. In my opinion, he has a clear view of many of the problems facing America today. It remains to be seen whether he has policies to fix them all.

People Magazine
Genre: Periodical, Current Events Rating (out of 10): 4
I read this one on the way back from Las Vegas. More standard fare.

The Ann Arbor News
Genre: Periodical Rating (out of 10): 8
I started getting the daily newspaper again after Christmas. I missed it! I look at every page, but most often read things in the Opinion and Sports sections. I always check the death notices, the prep sports scores/results for water polo and swimming, and the weather.

No comments: