Tuesday, February 26, 2008

800 Pages in 24 Hours

I feel like myself again... reading has been a priority in my life for the past week. :) I guess there is a plus side to unnecessary snow days.

New Moon
by Stephenie Meyer

Genre: Fiction, Fantasy Rating: (out of 10): 10
I enjoyed the character development again, and felt as though she did a wonderful job of making the audience empathetic to Bella's pain. The conflict and suspense made this edge-of-your-seat reading.

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Genre: Fiction, Fantasy Rating: (out of 10): 8
I read this book in one day. The rating is only in relation to the other two books... I personally liked them better than this one. I thought this one was a little more predictable.

I am looking forward to a new book in the series in August and the movie of Twilight as well!

Inkheart and Inkspell by Cornelia Funke (read in '07)
Genre: Fiction, Fantasy Rating: (out of 10): 6.5
I had high expectations from Funke because I really enjoyed The Thief Lord. The world she creates in the story is fascinating, but there were times in reading both that I was dragging.

No comments: